hero-1200x400_Sami

Sami Bienkowski

In the past five years, Sami Bienkowski has graduated high school, started college, and been through treatment for two different cancers: lymphoma in 2009 and a rare tumor, called Ewing sarcoma, near her esophagus, in 2013. “CHOP saved my life twice,” she says.

She’s a soccer, lacrosse and volleyball player who, as she recovers, has had to temporarily turn to yoga instead. She has maintained a great sense of humor and a love for life — going to the beach, being with friends, and laughing.

As a patient ambassador for the 2014 Parkway Run and Walk, the largest annual fundraiser for the Cancer Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Sami wants to raise awareness of the toll pediatric cancer takes – but also of the resiliency of kids.

“It will be a day to celebrate where I am and what I’ve been through,” she says. “I’ll be proud of accomplishing all that I have and persevering.  And I want to inspire others to give to CHOP and help people like me and all the other kids.” Speak up for Sami.

Speak up for me

Become an advocate for greater funding of childhood cancer research, and you can help change the future.

Get Involved

Read More Stories